Sunday, August 9, 2009

A Trip To Parris...Allison Parris...

Last night I attended the Official Hamptons Launch for Allison Parris Fall/Winter 2009 Collection. Allison Parris is a line that is inspired from the 1940's design and was founded by designer Allison Parris and entrepreneur/lawyer Marissa Kim. The collection is made in the United States using sustainable, organic and repurposed fabrics. The line focuses on being eco-friendly and appropriately enough, her first collection debuted at Greenhouse on Varick Street in NYC. Allison trained at New York's F.I.T and has been named as one of 2009's "Designers To Know". Log onto http://www.allisonparris.com/ to take a look for yourself and see why.

Allison Parris, designer and Marissa Kim, entrepreneur/lawyer of Allison Parris

The event was held in Southampton at Day and Night Restaurant and Bar. It was a nice, warm evening under a clear, night sky outside on the deck with soft candlelight and comfy lounges. Guests were greeted at the front door by two lovely and polite ladies, Lucy Karpilovskaya and Jin Hong, who are both part of the Allison Parris family.





Lucy Karpilovskaya and Jin Hong graciously greeted guests as they entered Day and Night

Everyone was having a good time and adding to the fun and atmosphere of the evening, DJ Claudius Raphael was turning it out as only he can. He is one of the most sought after DJ's because of his clientele and following. If you have ever had the pleasure of hearing him do his thing, then you know why he is in such demand. Check out his website http://www.claudiusraphael.com/


DJ Claudius Raphael tearing it up for everyone, doing what he does best


I like going to events where there is something pleasantly unexpected. My pleasant surprise at this event was the Desserts by Tawny Ong. Tawny has a loyal following throughout New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. And it's no wonder why! The desserts I tasted made my taste buds sit up and take notice. The Red Velvet Cake was topped with a cream cheese icing and was the best I've ever tasted. It didn't have that sugary taste and it was a perfect blend that put a smile on my face. The Ice Box Cake had a cookies and cream taste to it and the blend of the chocolate layers and the vanilla whipped cream tasted like a delicious shake in my mouth. I could have eaten the whole cake! The banana pudding was so fluffy, I liked the fact that it floated on my taste buds and wasn't heavy at all. This was the first time I've tried any of her desserts and I have to say, I was really blown away. One thing she told me was that she really doesn't use a lot of sugar in any of her recipes and I found that to be rewarding especially for anyone who is trying to lose weight or is on a weight loss program. You can enjoy dessert and not feel guilty about your sugar intake. You can log onto http://www.tawnyong.com/ or call 917.687.2640 to place your order for birthdays, special events and much more!



Jorge Chang and Tawny Ong of Desserts by Tawny Ong with a tray of deliciousness


Tiers of Red Velvet Cake with cream cheese icing and Ice Box Cake were the best I've ever tasted











I really enjoyed this event and I was glad to be in the company of some good friends of mine. My friend Tim Walser of the Montauk Yacht Club joined me for an entertaining evening and made some new friends himself. My long time friend, Jill Nicolini, was there with her boyfriend, Trent and I was so glad we could hang out again. Jill and I go way back to the days when we both worked in radio and have always kept in touch. You may know her from PIX News and recently she was voted #3 Hottest Newscaster in the America. My friend Ramona Singer of "The Real Housewives of New York City" also attended with her husband, Mario, and some friends. Ramona has her own line of jewelry that is quite exquisite and I personally would love to own every piece in her line! If you missed her last show on HSN, you have another chance to own a piece for yourself on September 14th at 10pm. Tune in because I promise you will want something from this beautiful line of estate jewelry.



Number 3 Hottest Newscaster in America, Jill Nicolini, and boyfriend, Trent



Tim Walser of The Montauk Yacht Club and Annemarie Davin of FameHampton



The ladies in white Annemarie Davin and Jill Nicolini



Annemarie Davin, DJ Claudius Raphael and Tawny Ong





















Tawny Ong and DJ Claudius Raphael with a Red Velvet Cake and Jill Nicolini and Tim Walser

Lauren Bennett, Mario Singer, Ramona Singer, Scott Bennett



The night was a wonderful success and fun was had by all. For those of you who come to the Hamptons and are looking for accommodations, stay at The Enclave Inn which has several locations throughout the Hamptons. The owner, Michael Wudyka, is one of the most gracious and accommodating business owners out here and his staff follows in his footsteps. They are always helpful and courteous and you'll really like the rooms. You can call them at 631.537.2900 or go to http://www.enclaveinn.com/.
If you're in need of transportation, enjoy a smooth ride with friendly and prompt drivers at East End Limousine. They're available 24 hours at 866.410.6600 or http://www.eastendlimousine.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment